Cuffing season is here, and there’s no reason a UTV ride can’t be dripping in romance. After all, the adrenaline is pumping, you have some gorgeous scenery, and with the right amount of cargo space you can pack a great romantic picnic into the mix. If you want to take your paramour on a ride to remember this Valentine’s Day, it’ll take a little bit of prep work. Consider this your ultimate love guide for UTV fans:
- Get any upgrades done now: Whether you need a new full-tilt windshield, a heater added to your rig, more cargo space, or a roll bar, make sure your UTV is kitted out with all the accessories you want before the big day.
- Get it clean: You should ideally clean your UTV after every muddy ride, but that doesn’t always happen. Take this time to wash it, detail the insides, and make it worthy of a great date. During this time, you can also check for any damage.
- Safety first: Before your big date, make sure the tires are in good condition, all the lights work, and take it for a brief spin to make sure all is well. The last thing you want is to be stuck with a flat tire, unable to ride because of a faulty light, or otherwise put you and your date in danger.
- Map the ride: There are thousands of miles of trail to explore around the country—and a good chance you haven’t seen them all. You have two choices. Go with a trail you know and love, which is a great way to introduce someone to your hobby. Alternatively, you can choose a trail that’s new to both of you and experience the first ride there together. Either way, make sure you know the rules, have any permits required and know how to get to the trail in advance.
- Pack romance: This is where you can get really personal, so imagine what the ultimate romantic picnic involves. Don’t forget a tarp (in case the ground is wet) and a durable blanket. Be sure to include romantic foods such as fruits, bubbly, s’mores ingredients, and anything else you envision that travels well. Pack food and drinks tightly to avoid destroying them on bumpy trails.
- Include surprises: There’s a lot you can pack into a UTV—much more than just a picnic! Bringing flowers with you or a romantic playlist can help kick the romance up a notch. Also bring an extra change of unisex clothes, such as a sweater and gloves, just in case the trails are especially wet or muddy.
Long holidays are right around the corner, making it a weekend to get out of town and indulge in some romance. Get all the upgrades you need for a lovely weekend with you and your better half (your date can come, too, of course!).