Yes, Onstar is worth it. Developed 25 years ago, Onstar offers beginner and seasoned drivers the security and safety they need while driving. As more and more people get their driver’s licenses, the number of road accidents soars. Therefore, having a reliable application or measures to ensure you can easily reach for help is essential.
Below, you will find out how Onstar works and the benefits of having the in-vehicle application. But first, we’ll go over what Onstar is and why you should consider using this system.
What is Onstar?
Onstar is an in-vehicle system offering drivers safety and security assistance in the light of accidents or breakdowns. You can use it to acquire an automatic crash response, road assistance, and locate stolen vehicles. The services are always available 24 hours daily, assuring stakeholders to arrive each time safely.
Benefits of Onstar
There are multiple benefits of having Onstar as your in-app vehicle safety app. Here are some of the perks you can expect to enjoy as an Onstar user.
- It boosts safety – You can use Onstar if you are in a crash or emergency to get out or in any vehicle. Drivers rely on the system to unlock doors and obtain emergency assistance. The services will notify police or medical personnel and call you to check on your status.
- It helps in security – Suppose you lose your car, you can use Onstar to locate and recover your vehicle. The application comes with an inbuilt Global Positioning Satellites (GPS) and wireless phone technology that helps locate stolen cars.
- It’s used in navigation. You cannot get lost if you are using Onstar; its extensive services provide directions to its drivers. You can also use it to make reservations for accommodation hands-free.
- For vehicle diagnosis. The system regularly checks your vehicle’s operating systems and provides reports. You can easily pinpoint your car’s issue without going to the garage. In addition, the app will also remind you of routine services with your dealer.
- Improve your driving skills. You may not be the next Charles Leclerc; however, you can use the Onstar Smart Driver feature to gain new driving skills.
Onstar Subscription Plans
For only $49.99 per month, you will gain access to Onstar premium features. You can expect an automatic crash response, emergency services, crisis assist, or roadside assistance. Premium drivers also enjoy stolen vehicle assistance, voice services, vehicle status, remote personalization, connected navigation, and on-demand diagnostics.
There are other Onstar subscription plans which cost less than the premium option. However, you will not have access to some of the premium benefits. The essentials subscription plan costs $39.99 per month, while the Safety and Security subscription costs $29.99. The cheapest Onstar subscription plan is the Connected Vehicle is $24.99 per month. It will give you access to the voice service, vehicle status, vehicle locate, remote personalization, Alexa built-in, and connected navigation.